About Me: Matthew Beckett

     Hello! My name is Matthew Beckett and I am a student aat Linn-Benton Community College. I am a Business Administration major and I plan on eventually transferring to Oregon State University to further my educational career. This is my first year of college so while I lack experience in the field of business I am dedicated and eager to learn more and better myself. 

    I have always been interested in marketing and I think it is an extremely relevant topic to have knowledge about in our world today. I think if you can understand marketing, economics, and business management you are more likely to succeed later in life. 

    The area of marketing I am most interested in would be how to market oneself. If I can learn and perfect the art of marketing myself I will be able to come across more opportunities that could lead to future careers and financial success. I believe marketing oneself and networking are two of the most vital life skills one can have.

    A passion I have outside of the classroom is golf. I was first introduced to the game of golf around 4 or 5 years old by my grandpa and was immediately hooked. As a young kid, I mostly played with my grandpa and dad recreationally. Then eventually when I was 11 my grandpa unfortunately passed away. That event really drew me away from the game because I had lost my golfing partner and best friend. Eventually, come freshman year of high school my parents convinced me to try out for the golf team. This led to me getting completely hooked once again and eventually earning my spot on varsity senior year and helping lead my team to a second-place finish at the state tournament. In relation to this class, maybe if I knew how to market myself better I might be somewhere playing college golf right now! 

Here is a photo that expresses my love for fashion and hanging out with friends:



    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McDonalds x Krispy Kreme!!!

Social Listening - Matthew Beckett